Scholarship Terms and Conditions
The Humanity First (the “Sponsor”) offers the Scholarships described below on the terms and conditions set out below.
Number of Scholarships Available: Twelve (2).
Currently following scholarships are available to be awarded every year:
1. The Ahmad Family Scholarship: $2,500
2. Humanity First Champion Scholarship: $1,000
For the purposes of this Scholarship competition an international student is defined as “an individual who has left his or her country, or territory of origin, and has moved to Canada with the singular objective of studying”.
Each Scholarship will be paid to the selected recipient upon receiving valid proof of eligibility.
In order to be awarded a Scholarship, an applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada or an international student in possession of a temporary Canadian resident visa
- Be 15 years old or older at the time of application
- Be a student planning to enroll or continuing to be enrolled in full-time studies in a certificate, diploma or degree program at a Canadian post-secondary school
How to Apply:
Applications are available at https://humanityfirst.ca/projects/canadian/scholarship. Applications must be completed and submitted online between September 10, 2013 at 3:00 p.m. EST and October 22, 2013 at 3:00 p.m. EST. All applications become the property of the Sponsor.
Scholarship Application Evaluation Criteria:
All qualifying entries will be evaluated by a judging panel comprised of educators, community leaders, representatives from the Sponsor and Studentawards Inc. The following criteria will be used for evaluation:
- Clarity of thought and communication of content
- Grammar and spelling
- Overall content
All final decisions will be made by the Sponsor.
The Sponsor or its designate will select the eligible applicants whose applications best meet the criteria set out above, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor or its designate.
Selected applicants will be notified by Humanity First that they have been selected to receive a Scholarship. The selected applicant must submit to Humanity First, the following:
- A Declaration of Compliance, Publicity and Liability Release signed by the applicant (or the applicant’s parent or legal guardian, if the applicant is a minor) that provides, among other things, (i) that the applicant certifies that he or she meets the eligibility criteria and has complied with all requirements set out above, and (ii) that the applicant consents, without further compensation, to the Sponsor’s use of the applicant’s name, city and province or territory of residence, application submission and photograph in any publicity relating to the Scholarships.
- Proof, acceptable to Studentawards, of Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status, or Canadian study permit or temporary resident visa (if applicable).
- Proof of age.
- Proof, acceptable to Studentawards, of enrollment in a program of full-time study at a Canadian post-secondary educational institution in the 2014-2015 or 2015-2016 academic year (if applicable), or in a program of part-time study with a physician’s written confirmation of impairment or disability as described above.
Failure to submit the documents described above within the required time may result in disqualification of the applicant.
Other Terms and Conditions:
By submitting an application, the applicant:
- Certifies that the information provided in the application and in any other documents provided in connection with the application is true, accurate and complete, to the best of his or her knowledge.
- Authorizes third parties, such as educational institutions and other sources provided by the applicant, to release information (including personal evaluations) to the Sponsor and Studentawards to confirm the information submitted by the applicant in connection with the application.
- Consents to the collection, storage and confirmation of the personal information submitted in connection with the Scholarship application and its use as required in the administration of the Scholarship competition and otherwise as described in these terms and conditions.
- Authorizes the Sponsor and Studentawards to disclose any information provided by the applicant in connection with or relating to his or her application to their respective representatives who need to know such information to administer and promote the Scholarship competition, provided that such information is used only for such purpose.
- Agrees that the Sponsor may aggregate information submitted by the applicant with information submitted by other applicants, and use such aggregated information in anonymous form for reporting, statistical, publicity and promotional purposes.
- Agrees that the Sponsor may modify, amend or cancel the Scholarship at any time and in its sole discretion, without individual notice.
- Agrees to have met all the eligibility requirements of the scholarship. If eligibility requirements are unmet or false information has been provided then the applicant will be ineligible for the Scholarship competition.
- Agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor and Studentawards, which shall be final and binding for all purposes.